Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Pops Carter

My first stint as the official photographer of the Denton Blues Fest was a great one. The Denton Black Chamber of Commerce and the other sponsors put on an amazing festival. I saw some familiar faces and met tons of new friends. Great music, food, and the weather was amazing.

I was completely beat after shooting non-stop for ten hours straight but I ended up with some cool images of the performers and festival goers. But that will have to wait for a later post.

For now I'll showcase a few images I got of Pops Carter. This guy is a legend. If you live in Denton you probably know him or have heard his brand of blues. This dude puts on a show...also one of the nicest guys you'll meet.

the man:




the omnipresent cane:





the charmer:


smooth cat:



doin' his thing:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool pics, I like the one with the red sunshades!

rg@rggarner.com

Catrine Sutter said...

This pics are OUTSTANDING - I'm so proud of you!