Monday, July 9, 2007

Through Their Eyes...

This is a very cool project that I read about on the blog of one of my favorite photogs, Jessica Claire. Reading of the concept immediately reminded me of an especially beautiful documentary I watched a while back called Born Into Brothels, in which children living in Calcutta's red light learn to use photography as an art and a form of expression.

It's interesting to see the world through someone else's eyes...especially if those eyes live in a world completely unlike your own. On a personal level, photography has changed the way I view my own world through my own eyes. I can only assume that it can do the same for others.

It's nice to see projects like Through Their Eyes. Check out the website; you'll be able to donate to the cause and learn more about it.

No comments: