Friday, December 5, 2008

Toss up

The dilemmas never end; decisions to be made; toys tools to be purchased.

Front runner - Nikkor 85mm f/1.4:

The sexiness of this lens is self-evident to my fellow Nikon shooters. Can't wait to get my hands on one. I'm in the grips of an all-out obsession with ultra-fast prime lenses (gimme). The creamy bokeh produced by this beast is unparalleled by anything in the Nikkor line. It's a head shot machine...

BUT...

Since I've gone full time with my business I've been spending more and more time at my not-so-comfy workstation. And my aching back, shoulders, and neck are painful reminders that I've got to do something about my posture/seating.

I'm considering the Herman Miller Aeron:

Seems these are hard to beat in the ergo/comfort department. My wallet's telling me 'don't be silly' but my back is screaming 'do not sit again until it's on one of these.' I guess my health and longevity are worth it, eh?

Not sure which way to go first. Anyone have any long term experience with the Aeron?

honorable mentions:
Canon Sd1100 -- I don't really have a knock-around P&S camera for fun pics.
PocketWizard PlusII -- I could stand to have a few more of these lying around.

Santa needs to roll through here early this year...and maybe more than once.

No comments: