Saturday, July 5, 2008

New Camera!

...and I absolutely love what Nikon's come up with. I'll spare you all the nerdy details as there are proper reviews all over the net. But I will say that I'm sure this camera will change what I can do...especially in low light. The high ISO performance is WAY better than anything I've been using. Not quite up to what the D3 is capable of but great nonetheless.

And the custom menu is ridiculous. My D300 is basically just a really smart extension of my arm after tweaking things just how I like 'em. I'm in love with this camera!


It's only been a few days but it feels like I've been shooting with it for years:



sexy...yeah, I know:



Bukowski @ ISO 3200:


Barkley, the superstar, @ ISO 1600. With the D200 or D70 this would have been a noise disaster:


the man. the myth. the clown:


I'm very pleased with the images it produced from the first gig I used it on, which I'll blog in a few days. Until then...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Label: Gear Envy

Pfft, that's perposterious. I don't envy that camera. HEY! WHAT'S THAT?!? Yoink. *footsteps running off in the distance*