Wednesday, January 2, 2008

More Lightroom kudos

I can't put into words how much I recommend this software. It's almost like it was designed to alleviate all those little post production pains in my neck.

Importing files is a piece of cake. Auto backups and auto file-renaming are just a matter of a few clicks.

Editing no longer trudges along. I've gotten pretty fast with Photoshop by using custom actions and shortcuts, but LR flies! This is the reason I considered incorporating LR into my work flow and I've not been disappointed. I flew through 1,400 images from my last wedding in a matter of a 3-4hours. All that's left is just a few finishing touches to my favorites in Photoshop. I'm sure once I'm more accustomed that time frame will shorten still.

a recent bridal session:

About 80% of the time I'm shooting in manual mode. With the consistent files I get as a result, LR's 'sync' function is like a gift from above. Adjust one image from a group of similar images, sync them...you're done.

Really well-designed and fun to work with, I think.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ya, as soon as I find someone to buy it from the school for me I'll get Cs3. I'd almost buy it just for lightroom (especially considering the school discount). I can't wait to try it.